Michael Bluemling Jr. for Congress
Michael Bluemling Jr. is a patriot, veteran, advocate, author and now, a candidate for Congress, Florida District 21. Having served our great country in the United States Army, as a Sergeant during the Kosovo campaign and America’s war on terrorism, Michael chose to serve those who fought for America when he became a civilian again. Discharged with honor, Michael worked for the Department of Labor and Department of Veteran Affairs, a fierce advocate for our veterans and their families, fighting for their present and future.
In 2013, Michael Founded Power of One, a veteran-owned coaching service to help veterans and people in transition, which was highlighted in U.S. Veterans Magazine in the November 2013 issue, as well as in DAV (Disabled American Veterans) Magazine in the issue of July/August of 2014. He closed Power of One in December 2016. He also worked for the state of Virginia, leading the Virginia Values Veterans Program, helping to create over 30,000 jobs for veterans inline with the governor’s initiative. Most recently, Michael was the Vice Chair of Mission United, in Fort Lauderdale, Florida.
Michael Joins the United States Army
Michael grew up in a home with an abusive, alcoholic father. Michael overcame the violence of his past and has over 13 years of service to America and to Americans. He served the Army with distinction, earning 12 medals and awards, and credits his life experience with shaping him into the Christian, father, leader and advocate he is today.
Don’t Floridians deserve a candidate that cares about their present and their future?
- Army Commendation Medal
- Army Achievement Medal (2 Awards)
- Good Conduct Medal
- Kosovo Campaign Medal with Bronze Service Star
- NATO Medal
- Non-Commissioned Officers Professional Development Ribbon
- Army Lapel Pin
- Overseas Service Ribbon
- Army Service Ribbon
- German Sports Badge (SILVER)
Michael had to go through a lot of healing to overcome his past. This prompted him to write his first book, Turning the Page: Overcoming Abuse to Reach Life’s Fulfillment, sharing his struggle and victories to help others heal.
“Based on his own personal experience, Michael has laid out a very credible road map for victims to follow that can lead to a full life.”
James A. Dean
After earning his bachelor’s and master’s degree, he authored the second book, Bridging the Gap from Soldier to Civilian: A Road Map to Success for Veterans, helping veterans transition from military service to civilian life.
“Having been a soldier myself in the Vietnam War, I know firsthand that feeling when you are done with your enlistment. This is the reference manual that I never got and needed. Former Army soldier and now author Michael Bluemling, has done all of us warriors a huge favor with this great resource book.”
Rev. Bill McDonald, Jr.
Michael’s third book, Our Journey: Heart to Heart with God, shares his transformational journey into a relationship with Jesus Christ.
“As Michael makes clear, and Jesus’ parable of the talents reminds us, the more we are given, the more God requires from us. Don’t miss the opportunity to take advantage of those gifts, including the gift God has given us through Michael’s book.”
Tyler R. Tichelaar
Michael’s education includes:
- ECPI University – Bachelor of Science, Business Administration
- Pennsylvania State University – Master of Professional Studies, Human Resources (Concentration: planning training and development)
- UMass Dartmouth – Organizational Leadership
- Florida State University – Entrepreneurship Bootcamp for Veterans
The Consummate Servant
Michael has a heart for service and the experience and education needed to not only serve well, but to empathize with those he will serve.
- As a veteran who suffered during his transition to a civilian, Michael can understand the unique conditions veterans and the homeless face.
- As a Father of two wonderful children, a 13-year-old son and a 14-year-old daughter, Michael understands the challenges and demands on a family and single parent.
- As a founder and small business owner, Michael knows the regulatory hurdles that a bureaucracy can impose and the policies that impede economic growth – hard earned money that could provide jobs, innovation, expansion and pay raises if not taken by the government.
- As a Judeo-Christian, Michael witnesses the attacks on the Christian and Jewish religions. Many have forgotten that our constitution, founded on the words of George Washington’s words “to bigotry no sanction, to persecution no assistance” , protects religious freedom and tolerance.
Michael will defend the constitution which gives everyone in Florida and the United States God-given rights and freedoms. First and foremost, he will fight for Floridians.